YLHS TRACK & FIELD CODE OF ETHICS
Athletics are an integral part of a school’s total educational program. All school activities, curricular and extra-curricular, in the classroom and on the playing field, must be congruent with the school’s stated goals and objectives established for the intellectual, physical, social and moral development of its students. It is within this context that the following Code of Ethics is presented:
As an athlete, I understand this it is my responsibility to:
- Place academic achievement as the highest priority.
- Show respect for teammates, opponents, officials and coaches.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of game officials.
- Exhibit fair play, good sportsmanship and proper conduct at all times.
- Maintain a high level of safety
- Refrain from the use of profanity, vulgarity and other offensive language and/or gestures.
- Adhere to the established rules and standards of the game.
- Respect all equipment and use it safely and appropriately.
- Refrain from the use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal and non-prescriptive drugs, anabolic steroids or any substance to increase physical development of performance that is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, surgeon General of the United States of America or American Medical
- Know and follow all state, section and school athletic rules and regulations as they pertain to eligibility and sports participation.
- Win with character, lose with dignity.