Day planner for athletes and parents attending this Saturday’s King Frosh/Soph Classic at King High School…
- Please refer to the Competition Schedule for event details. Be sure to check out the organizer’s order of events.
- Field events begin promptly at 8:30am, running events at 9:00am – athletes must show up at least one hour before their scheduled event; however, the day’s schedule may vary. To avoid missing your event, it’s best to arrive early or at the beginning of the day.
- There will be no bus transportation provided (buses are utilized for dual meets only). Athletes are responsible for getting to King High School on time prior to their event(s).
- All Frosh/Soph athletes need to have needle spikes. If you do not have them, they can be purchased from the team before the meet for $1 a bag for ten spikes. All frosh/soph spikes should be changed prior to arrival at the King Invitational.
- Running events are completed in succession and do not have individually scheduled start times other than the overall meet start time of 8:30am (field events) and 9:00am (running events). Note from the organizers: “For the most part, we will run CIF order of events with the preliminary heats in the 100,200,100 hurdles and 110 hurdles. We will place the slower heats of the 3200 in places we think will help us give the athletes better rest periods or help with the speed of the meet.”
- A parking fee may be required (although no parking fee was posted on the event website).
- The high school parking lot may be full or near capacity at this meet. Consider dropping off your athletes at the entry gate before locating a parking spot.
- Gate/admission fees for spectators – General Admission: $5.00; Students with ASB card: $2.00; Students without ASB card: $3.00; Children 12 and under: Free!
- Athletes should bring their own water and snacks (or money to purchase them while at the meet). Be smart about what you eat and drink!
- Track officials and event volunteers are there for a reason – please respect all stadium guidelines and event regulations.
- Unless otherwise specified, only athletes competing in (and preparing for) their events are allowed on the track/field at all times.
- Pay attention to stadium and bullhorn announcements regarding event staging and start times – events can run earlier or later than scheduled!
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring plenty of sunscreen.
- Bring your cameras and take lots of photos! Volunteer photographers are welcome and encouraged to capture the action at all our meets.