Day planner for those athletes and parents attending Friday’s Asics/Irvine Track & Field Invitational at Irvine High School…
- Please refer to the Competition Schedule for event details.
- Click here for the current order of events.
- The list of athletes (all schools) competing at Irvine on Friday is located here. You can use the search field (top right) to search for Yorba Linda entries (school/athlete name).
- Coaches have asked athletes to carpool from the school to ensure everyone gets to Irvine in a timely manner (athlete arrival times were discussed at today’s practice – those athletes participating in events later in the day/evening have been instructed by their coaches when to arrive).
- As this is an invitational (although on a Friday), there will be no bus transportation provided (buses are utilized for dual meets only). Athletes are responsible for getting to Irvine on time prior to their event(s).
- Athletes are free to leave when their events have concluded – please be sure to let your coaches know when you are leaving.
- The meet begins promptly at 2:30pm for field events, 3:00pm for track events.
- Spikes must be 3/16” or smaller. Additional spikes will be available for sale at the table near the entrance to the stadium. The Clerk of the Course and the Starters will be checking for proper spikes.
- Parking fee – may be required (although no parking fee was posted on the event website).
- Parking lots may be full or near capacity at these meets. Consider dropping off your athletes at the entry gate before locating a parking spot.
- Gate/admission fees for spectators – General Admission $6; Home Students with ASB Cards $4; Visiting Students with ASB Cards $4; Students without ASB Cards $6; Children Admission $3.
- Athletes should bring their own water and snacks (or money to purchase them while at the meet). Be smart about what you eat and drink!
- Event T-Shirts will be on sale for $10.
- Track officials and event volunteers are there for a reason – please respect all stadium guidelines and event regulations.
- Unless otherwise specified, only athletes competing in (and preparing for) their events are allowed on the track/field at all times.
- Pay attention to stadium and bullhorn announcements regarding event staging and start times – events can run earlier or later than scheduled!
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Bring your cameras and take lots of photos! Volunteer photographers are welcome and encouraged to capture the action at all our meets.